We drilled down to common positions in several policy domains beyond the fairness of the electoral system itself. We identified several pivot points for change, renewal, and reform.
- The national debt is one of the most serious crises facing our country and must be remedied through fiscal responsibility, transparency, and better-balanced budgets.
- The Alliance seeks to run and elect a diverse group of Americans to public office who are primarily motivated by a desire to provide public service, rather than by having a long career as an elected official. Alliance candidates and elected officials will publicly disclose their intention regarding the duration of their tenure in office, if elected and re-elected. Alliance candidates and elected officials must honor all personal pledges to constituents, including their public declaration regarding their term limits.
- As a nation of immigrants, we support legal immigration tied to the country’s economic needs and capacity to assimilate newcomers. We also support reasonable pathways to citizenship for those law-abiding persons in the country without legal residency status, and we support strong borders. We also believe in America’s unstinting moral obligation to help genuine asylum seekers. We affirm that part of the definition of self-government is the right of order to define who may and who may not become part of the nation.
- The STEAM educational framework of science, technology, engineering, arts, and math should guide the urgent reform of K-12 public education in America. We must elevate and invigorate our nation’s teaching force – our future makers.
- Quality healthcare must be made affordable and accessible to all Americans. Creativity, innovation, and selflessness are essential to achieving this very complex and challenging objective.
- We agree that the human impact on global warming and climate change is real, and we support smart initiatives to reduce the use of fossil fuels for electricity generation and transportation.
- We stand for equal civil rights for all American citizens regardless of race, religion, ethnicity, gender, or sexual orientation. We strongly support the Fourth Amendment’s prohibition of unreasonable search and seizure and believe that the Amendment applies to privacy as well as liberty.
- We believe a free press is vital to a healthy democracy, and we condemn all attempts by government officials to intimidate, deride, obstruct, or undermine the critical role of the press in a free society.
- We support a robust military force that will meet the nation's legitimate defense needs. We support appropriate foreign policy and humanitarian goals essential to American ideals.
- We believe in fair trade and support strong trade agreements with partners and allies around the world.
- A sustainable economy with fair access to opportunity at a time of rising anxiety about the implications of artificial intelligence-driven automations is essential for our nation’s future. We firmly believe in the principle of intergenerational responsibility in this regard.
- We support our military and Veterans’ access to affordable healthcare, education, public safety, and civic discourse.
- We support the Second Amendment and the people’s right to responsible gun ownership. We believe in a rational and reasoned approach to gun legislation that can improve the safety of all Americans without interfering with the right to bear arms established by the Second Amendment.
- To maintain and improve the quality and nutritional value of our nation’s food supply, government policies and programs must include the needs and voices of small and family-owned farms, ranches, and fishing operations – the core of rural and small-town economies – and must be included in all policy decisions that impact our national and local food supply.